Joy’s lifelong passion and dedication to photography has led her to incredible destinations for commercial fashion photography. She has photographed runway shows from New York to Barcelona and Paris, as well as behind the scenes exclusives of designers Marchesa, Galia Lahav, Yolan Cris, Ziad Nakad, Mark Zunino, Pnina Tornai, Julien Fournié and many others. Joy’s work has been featured on Vogue.com, as well as on the covers and pages of international fashion and lifestyle magazines such as Touch Magazine, Inside Weddings, Ceremony Magazine, Today’s Bride, Strictly Weddings, Pump, Moevir Paris, GMARO Magazine, Fashion Daily Magazine, Billboard Magazine and Red Hot Monde! Joy has received top awards for fashion and advertising imagery from the WPPI Nielson Contest and International Print Competition, the International Color Awards, and the Black & White Spider Awards to name a few. Joy holds a degree in Broadcast Communication and Video Production from San Francisco State University, and regularly incorporates her video knowledge and style into her photography to create imagery with a cinematic flair. Joy feels truly blessed to be part of a community of artists from around the world - collaborating, creating, and doing what she loves most! Joy holds both a U.S. and Swiss Passport, and is available for travel to any destination for engagement session, elopements weddings and celebrations!
Destination Specialising In
Awards & Recognition
• Fashion Nominee for International Color Awards 2019
• Wedding Wire "Couples Choice" Award 2018
• Fashion Nominee for International Color Awards 2018
• 3rd Place in Professional Fashion Photography in the 7th Anuual Black & White Spider Awards, "Honor of Distiction," Nominee for 8th Annual Spider Awards for Advertising Photography.
• See Me Art Exhibition NYC.
• The Story of the Creative Group Art Exhibition 2013 & 2014
• WPPI Nielsen Contest 2011 award of 3rd Place Award for Advertising & Fashion.
• Ten "Awards of Excellence" from WPPI's International 16x20 Print Competitions in the categories of architecture, commercial photography, senior portraits, and portrait photography.
• Six "Awards of Excellence" from the WPPI Nielsen Contest for Architecture Portraiture, Advertising and Fashion.
• 25 image merits and a Fellowship Degree from the Professional Photographer's Assoc. of CA
• Winner of the 2008 Claudio Basso "Image Award" for fashion photography.
• 2nd Place Award for Technical/Scientific/Industrial Photography from WPPI's 2007 8x10 Print Competition.
• Award of Excellence" for photojournalistic photography from WPPI's 2007 8x10 Print Competition.
• Featured in Rangefinder's " Award Winning Wedding & Portrait Photography" 2007, 2008, 2009 & 2010 editions.
• Overall Winner of National Photo Awards 2006 "Professional Open" Title
• National Photo Awards 2006 Awards of Excellence for Artistic Portraiture and Architectural Photography
• Two top scoring images in the 2005 Fujifilm Professional Awards: Children’s Portrait and Nature Photography divisions
• National Photo Awards 2005 Award of Excellence for Artistic Portraiture