To all the caring, supportive, and wise men out there, Happy International Men’s Day. Be it a dad, husband, brother, son, cousin, uncle, or friend, being a man is about accepting responsibilities in all ways. Compared to Women’s day, there’s less talk about Men’s Day. But ladies, you can break that and let your man know that his efforts are not been unnoticed. So this International Men’s day, we bring you a guide explaining about the significance of this day along with some tips to make this day special for the men in your life!
Why International Men’s Day Is Celebrated
Picture Courtesy: @nicksmenswear
International Men’s Day is celebrated around the world on November 19. On this day, the positive value men bring to the world, their families, and communities are celebrated and raise awareness about men’s health and promote general well-being. It is also an opportunity to recognize men who break the stereotypes related to traditional manifestations of masculinity, such as gay and bisexual men, transgender, or masculine non-binary people.
History: The day was first inaugurated in 1992 on 7 February by Thomas Oaster to celebrate the contributions made by men in various aspects of life. He chose November 19 to honor his father’s birthday and also to celebrate how on that date in 1989 Trinidad and Tobago’s football team had united the country with their endeavors to qualify for the World Cup.
Theme: This year the theme is “Better health for men and boys” with the aim to make practical improvements to the health and wellbeing of the male population.
Here’s How You Can Celebrate
Picture Courtesy: @thetimeswehave
Let’s bring a smile to his face by surprising him with a little plan. We suggest doing this in 3 simple steps:
Send Him A Heartful Message
Picture Courtesy: @photosbyblush
First things first! Start by writing a few lines confessing what you love about him the most, how he is an inseparable part of your life, and thank him for being your pillar of support. Here are a few wishes and quotes that you’d like to use:
* Thank you for keeping my faith in good men intact! You deserve nothing but the best. Happy International Men’s Day.
* Being the banner carrier of bliss for the family and sustaining everybody with adoration, care and regard. Much obliged to you my dear spouse for making our life commendable. Upbeat International Men’s Day to You.
* Being male is a matter of birth. Being a man is a matter of age. But being a gentleman is a matter of choice. – Vin Diesel
* A man must at times be hard as nails: willing to face up to the truth about himself…But he must also be tender. No weapon will breach the armor of a woman’s resentment like tenderness – Elisabeth Elliot
* But know this. Men are not from Mars. Women are not from Venus. Do not fall for categories. Everyone is everything. Every ingredient inside a star is inside you, and every personality that ever existed competes in the theatre of your mind for the main role. – Matt Haig
* Life is too short to be real. Man is never so manly as when he feels deeply, acts boldly, and expresses himself with frankness and with fervor. – Benjamin Disraeli
Let’s Talk About His Well-Being
Picture Courtesy: @nehakakkar
The aim of this day is to raise awareness about men’s issues including prostate cancer, mental health, testicular cancer, etc. This year, International Men’s Day theme is “Better health for men and boys” intending to make practical improvements to the health and wellbeing of the male population. Hence, along with all the pampering, you can take him for a full-body check-up and encourage him to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
Buy Him Some Gifts
Picture Courtesy: @pinterest
Let’s pamper the men in our life. After all, a little surprise gift is something everybody likes, yeah? Gift him something that you feel that he’s been eyeing for a long time. Leave him a thoughtful message on it letting him know how you feel for him.
Wallet – There is a wide range of luxury wallets from Montblanc to Dolce & Gabbana to Tom Ford that is sure to set his heart on fire.
Spa Appointment – A little self-grooming hurt no one. However, go overboard on this day or go to the next level altogether. Book a luxurious spa date with your man and make him feel special in every possible way!
Sunglasses – Which men don’t like to wear sunglasses? Nobody. This men’s day gift your man a pair of his favorite brand sunglasses.
Beer Mug – If you have got a man in your life who knows how to enjoy his drink, then a quirky personalized beer mug is perfect for him.
Fashion Accessories – If your man is a fashionista, there’s plenty of options out there. From a luxury watch to shoes to a nice 3-piece suit, the options are endless.
Gadgets – There’s no chance that a man would not love a gadget. Be it a headphone, Bluetooth speaker, a smartphone, or a laptop, he is sure to give you a BIG kiss after receiving this.
Shout out to all men out there who despite all odds and obstacles, paved ways for themselves in the over-ambitious world. May you get more strength and love. Happy International Men’s day!
Feature Image Credit: @eventals